A better way to pay
Helping your children through college with a parent loan doesn't have to be difficult. And it’s possible you could have a parent loan with a high interest rate. Our Student Choice parent loan refinancing has the features you need, including:
- Zero origination or prepayment fees
- No application fees
- Flexible repayment options
- Easy online application and instant approval
- Call center and application support
- A loan from a local, not-for profit lender that you can trust for years to come
Simplify your life, amplify your funds
By refinancing your parent loan, you could potentially lower your rate. Featuring a competitive interest rate and zero origination fees, refinancing can help you simplify your life while amplifying your funds.
- Competitive rates
- No prepayment penalty
- Choose a 5 year or 10 year term
- Receive a 0.25% discount on your rate for optional enrollment in automatic electronic payments.
Find out if you're eligible to refinance your parent loan
You must meet the following requirements:
- U.S. citizens or permanent residents*
- In repayment or grace on one or more outstanding private or federal parent loans
- Able to meet credit qualifications*
- Eligible for credit union membership*
You may be a good candidate if:
Check eligible schools
- You're paying a high interest rate on your loans
- You have multiple private parent loans and/or higher rate federal loans
- You have a good credit history or a strong co-signer
Transparency is important to us. Our fine print is actually the same size as anything else we talk about.
Have questions? Check our FAQs
- A cosigner may be necessary in order for you to meet credit criteria, and may also help you qualify for a lower rate.
- You may apply without being a member of the credit union, but you will need to become a member in order for the loan to be funded.
- By refinancing federal parent loans, you may lose certain borrower benefits from your original loans. These may include interest rate discounts, principal rebates, or some cancellation benefits that can significantly reduce the cost of repaying your loans.
- See disclosures for more details.