Due to the current health situation surrounding COVID-19, the 2021 Annual Meeting will be held virtually on Thursday, March 18 at 11:30am.
This will be a business meeting only, no entertainment or door prizes.
The 2021 Election Committee is taking applications for candidates for three (3) separate positions for the OKCU Board of Directors. The deadline for registration is Monday, February 15, 2021
Description of Duties
- A volunteer on the Board of Directors (BOD) will perform as a member of a team that is ultimately responsible for the general direction and control of the affairs of the credit union. As a group, the BOD approves credit union policies and declares dividends for deposits and rates of interest for loans. The BOD also approves members of the credit union and authorizes investments of credit union funds. Because of these responsibilities, it is necessary that qualified candidates realize and be able to commit to the following criteria: Be a credit union member in good standing. Be bondable. Be able to attend monthly meetings and an annual planning conference. Have a general knowledge of credit union products and services. Maintain the highest level of ethics and confidentiality in all BOD dealings.
Qualified candidates should submit their nomination in writing to:
Oklahoma’s Credit Union
Attn: Election Committee
P.O. Box 24027
Oklahoma City, OK 73124
Nominations must include the following information:
1. Letter of nomination/introduction
2. Declaration for which seat the candidate wishes to run:
- Seat 1 (3 yr. term) - Mike Patterson
- Seat 2 (3 yr. term) - Eddie Foreman
- Seat 3 (3 yr. term) - Gary Parsons
3. A current resume
Each candidate may only specify one seat for which they wish to run. All nominations should be submitted no later than Monday, February 15, 2021. No nomination will be accepted after this date.
Each individual submitting a nomination will be notified by the OKCU Election Committee to review additional required qualifications and criteria. Each individual submitting a nomination will be notified of their eligibility and opposition by the Election Committee no less than 15 days prior to the Annual Meeting. The election will be held at the Annual Meeting and successful candidates will be introduced following the election.